How does a role with one of the UK’s leading suppliers of pneumatics, and fluid power process equipment boasting over 170 years’ experience in their industry, working at branch based in Bristol? We are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, to bring to market the position of Field Service Engineer.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for install, commission, maintain, service and repair compressed air and vacuum equipment, including PSSR examinations.
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Training
· Time served electro/mechanical apprenticeship.
· HNC in mechanical engineering (preferred)
· PLC awareness/functional understanding
· Knowledge of rotating equipment, Compressor and vacuum plant maintenance preferred.
· Previous experience in a field-based customer facing role PC literate.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· To carry out all duties to a high level of competence and attention to detail in line with company expectations.
· To ensure all maintenance, service and repairs are carried out to customer’s satisfaction.
· To install & commission new compressed air and vacuum equipment to required standard
· To advise customers of faults or recommendations to improve their system
· To develop and grow our compressor, vacuum and aftermarket business in the Midlands and South West area.
· To carry out servicing/commissioning/repair of compressed air and vacuum equipment to the required standard either on site or in the workshop.
· To ensure that the appropriate spares are taken to site to complete the above on a first fix basis.
· To ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
· To generate sales enquires by identifying any faults or improvements to a customer’s compressed air system.
· To provide support to a 24-hour call out scheme.
· To utilise time in the most effective and appropriate manner to ensure all of the above duties are carried out.
· To ensure that a clean and tidy working area is maintained either on-site or in the workshop.
· Where a company vehicle is provided, maintain and care in line with companies “Conditions Relating to Use of Company Vehicles”.
· To ensure all company related communications - written, verbal or electronic are completed in a timely manner.
· To attend any training required by the company to ensure the above duties are carried out.
· To ensure tidy personal appearance and to wear company workwear/any personal safety equipment required.
Apply for this position
To apply or find out more about the position of ‘Head of Marketing’, please call Liz at Reach Recruitment – Hull or apply and we’ll get back to you!
We can't wait to hear from you!
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Recruitment offer a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.