Reach Recruitment are thrilled to be working with our reputable and established clients, an award-winning food manufacturer in Hull, for the position of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen due to business growth for an engineer to join the busy Engineering team within this state-of-the-art facility. The position will be to maintain production machinery in operational areas and fulfil task to maintain the fabric and plant on the site. This role is worked over a 4on, 4off shift pattern on days.
- Maintain machinery and equipment to optimum standards safely with minimum downtime
- Provide a rapid response to breakdown situations and utilise time effectively to ensure known jobs are completed in a succinct timeframe
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Ensure the efficient usage of spare parts, consumables, and equipment
- Liaise and escalate with all levels of management across all functions relating to engineering activities.
- To decrease time lost due to breakdowns
- Support the learning and development of the apprentices
- Satisfactory completion of the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule
- Risk assesses all jobs, to reduce the risk to health and safety issues in your area
- Responsible for and the ongoing support of daily ‘start ups’ in the production area
- Have experience of chilled food FMCG (preferred)
- Have worked within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Be qualified to HNC/NVQ Level 3 in any engineering discipline
- Be Electrically biased or fully multi skilled
- Be health and safety conscience (qualifications are desirable)
- Preferably have worked with Handtmann, Reiser and Proseal machines
Hours of work: This is a 4 on 4 off days position.
Salary - £21.40 per hour + overtime + Pension + share saver scheme after 12 months
To apply or find out more about the position please call Liz at Reach Recruitment Hull, alternatively, please apply directly to this position and we will get back in touch for a confidential chat.
Reach Recruitment recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm, and Permanent opportunities working across Manufacturing & Industrial, Business Support, Engineering & Technical, Sales & Marketing sectors throughout the region.
Reach Recruitment offer a professional and personal take on recruitment. Our dedicated and experienced consultants work in partnership with candidates & clients to ensure the best possible productivity.
If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful.